Since 2012, Sónar has held a Q de Festa! seal of approval, as granted by the Public Health Agency of Catalunya, which is a member of Party+ (The European Network For Safer Party Labels).
Sónar pays particular attention to the well-being of all festival-goers. We provide special training for our staff, free access to drinking water (extra taps have been made available in 2023), public transport options, alcohol free drinks, food, ear plugs, information on substance use, condoms, alcohol breathalysers, and a protocol for handling sexual harassment and assaults.
Sónar asks all our attendees to bear the following in mind:
- Respect and take care of others and the environment.
- If you feel unwell, please let one of our staff know.
- Some substances are stronger than others, ask for information at the Energy Control stand.
- Don’t drink and drive. Use public transport.
- If you’re being sexually harassed or have been sexually assaulted, head to a ‘punto lila’ (purple stand) Safe Space.
- Agree on a place where you can meet your friends if you get separated.
- Stay hydrated: free drinking water is available from taps inside the venues.
- Protect your eyes, ears and skin.
- Take breaks.
- Don’t forget to eat.
Zero tolerance for sexual harassment: ‘Punto Lila’ Safe Spaces and the “No Callem” protocol:
Sónar aims to ensure a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for all attendees throughout the festival. As part of this, Sónar works with “No Callem”, a local action protocol against sexual harrassment and assault in nightlife venues promoted by the Ajuntament de Barcelona. All staff at Sónar are fully informed about the content and various cases that fall under this protocol.
If you witness or are subject to any form of aggression or inappropriate behaviour, whether physical or verbal, please head to a ‘punto lila’ (purple stand) Safe Space in either Sónar by Day or Sónar by Night. These stands are manned by specially trained staff who will be able to help you or the person(s) affected.
Sónar asks all festival attendees to behave in a respectful and responsible manner towards other attendees and our staff, in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Safety is a priority at Sónar, and as such, Energy Control will be present at Sónar by Night, where they’ll offer services designed to prevent and reduce the risks associated with substance use.
The Red Cross
The Red Cross will be available at various locations within the festival venues in order to help any attendee who feels unwell or requires medical attention.
See where each of these services are located within the festival venues on the map below: